Prep Time: 10 Cooking Time: 10 Yields: 4
1 1/2 cups almond, rice or soy milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 3/4 cups oat or whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
1 tablespoon non-aluminum baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Mix egg, milk and oil in a medium-size bowl.
- Mix flour, almonds, baking powder and salt into a small bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Mix until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Using a 1/4 - 1/2 cup measuring cup drop pancakes onto a lightly oiled skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or honey.
- Try 1/2 cup of shredded coconut and/or1/4 cup malt-sweetened chocolate chips instead of almonds.
- Try a little lemon zest, the juice of one lemon (add a little less milk) and 1/2 cup poppy seeds for lemon poppy seed pancakes.