Prep Time: 10 Cooking Time: 45 Yields: 6
1 tablespoon coconut oil
6 slices of bread
2 cups of washed spinach (packed tight)
5 eggs, beaten well
1/2 block silken tofu
1 teaspoon salt
Prepare the night before:
- Melt the coconut oil in a 9x13” baking dish.
- Tear bread in pieces and toss with melted oil.
- Sprinkle spinach over bread.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs and combine with silken tofu and salt.
- Pour mixture over bread and spinach.
- Cover and place in fridge overnight.
In the morning:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Uncover the casserole and place in oven for 45 minutes.
- Slice into pieces and serve.
- Pop the casserole in the oven the first thing when you wake up so you have a great breakfast ready after your shower and get dressed for the day!
- The casserole keeps in the fridge for a few days.
- Try adding your favorite dried or fresh herbs into the egg mixture.
- Try sprouted wheat bread.
- Check what veggies you have to use up, chop them up and add to the mixture instead of spinach.