Green Lentil Soup
1 cup green
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 stalk celery, chopped
4 cups spring water or vegetable stock
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Squeeze of lemon or 1 tablespoon umeboshi vinegar
- Spread lentils on a flat surface and pick out any stones, then wash and drain.
- In a soup pot, warm oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add carrot and celery and sauté 3-5 minutes.
- Spread lentils on top.
- Add water, bay leaf and rosemary and bring to boil.
- Reduce to low heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Add chopped parsley, salt and a squeeze of lemon juice or umeboshi vinegar.
- Simmer another 2 minutes and serve.