Beet Salad with Fennel and Mint
Prep Time: 20 Cooking Time: 30 Yields:
1 small fennel bulb
1 bunch mint leaves
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Place beets in a pot, cover with 1
inch with water and boil for 20-30 minutes, until a fork pierces
easily through the middle of each beet.
- While beets are cooking, wash
fennel and slice very thin.
- Mint (chop into thin ribbons).
- Zest oranges and juice them into a
- When beets are cooked, drain them
in the sink and rinse under cold water.
- Peel the skin off beets with hands
and chop beets into1/4-inch thick, quarter rounds.
- Add all ingredients into a large
bowl and mix well.
This salad is famous for converting non-beet eaters into beet lovers!