Prep Time: 10 Cooking Time: 40 Yields: 6
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup carrot, grated
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup tomato sauce
1 1/2 pound ground beef, extra lean
1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1 teaspoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl with hands, do not over mix.
- Lightly grease a 6-cup or 12-cup muffin tray and fill with mixture.
- Place in oven for 40 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Remove from oven and wait 10 minutes before removing from muffin tray.
- Double the recipe freeze what you do not eat for a fast dinner or lunch.
- Try ground turkey or bison instead of beef.
- Use grated beets, chopped spinach or any other vegetable in place of the carrots.