Take advantage of all the colorful seasonal produce and cook up some delicious cool summer dishes!
Avocado and Shrimp Salad
Seasoned with just salt and pepper and lime juice, the flavor comes from the juicy summer tomatoes and ripe avocados. With just 6 ingredients, this comes together in a snap.
- 2 (whole) avocados - peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 2 (whole) tomatoes, diced
- 1 (whole) sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (pound) small shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved
- (to taste) salt and pepper
- 2 (tablespoon) lime juice
- In a medium pan, saute shrimp in a small amount of olive oil until opaque, about 3 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Stir together avocados, tomatoes, onion, and shrimp in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in lime juice. Serve cold
ripe peaches, and a little spice from a jalapeno make this a bright and
refreshing evening dinner. Try serving with sourdough bread and butter.
- 1 peach, pit removed, quartered
- 3 tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 1/2 red jalapeno
- 1 Sea salt
- 2 (tablespoon) minced fresh chives
- Blend peach, tomatoes and jalapeno in a blender until smooth. Season with salt. Garnish with chives.
Chutney Chicken Salad
Chicken and curry are a classic combination, and versatile too. Plate it on a bed of lettuce, or offer rolls for a make-your-own chicken salad sandwich.
- 1/2 (cup) mayonnaise
- 1/2 (cup) chutney
- 1 (teaspoon) curry powder
- 2 (teaspoon) lime zest
- 1/4 (cup) fresh lime juice
- 1/2 (teaspoon) salt
- 4 (cup) chicken breast, diced and precooked
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, chutney, curry powder, lime zest, lime juice and salt. Add chicken and toss with the dressing until well coated. Add more mayonnaise to taste, if desired. Cover and refrigerate until serving.