Red Lentil Soup
Prep Time: 10 Cooking Time: 30 Yields: 4
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 small onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1 carrot, rustic cut
1 burdock root, rustic cut
1 cup red lentils
4-5 cups water or stock
A few splashes umeboshi vinegar
1. Heat oil in a deep pot.
2. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Add cumin and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
4. Add carrot and burdock and sauté for 3 minutes.
5. Add lentils and water or stock and cook 20 minutes until lentils and roots are soft.
6. Add a few splashes of umeboshi vinegar, stir and taste.