Tofu Ice Cream
Prep Time: 5 Cooking Time: 0 Yields: 6
18 ounces silken tofu, well chilled, divided
3 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
2nd Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Combine 12 ounces tofu, honey, vanilla and salt in a blender and puree for about 1 minute.
- Transfer to a covered container and place in the freezer overnight.
- Next day, cut the frozen tofu into small chunks.
- Puree remaining 6 ounces of tofu that is not frozen in the blender until smooth.
- While pureeing at high speed, add a few chunks of the frozen tofu at a time into the blender until all has been added and the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Serve immediately.
Top with chopped raw nuts, carob chips or fresh berries.