Prep Time: 15 Cooking Time: 30 Yields: 8
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tomatoes, diced, (or one can organic diced tomatoes)
1 carrot, cut into quarter moons
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3 cups cooked or canned red, black or kidney beans
1 cup water
2 tablespoons organic tomato paste
1 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat oil in a large heavy pan and sauté onions and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, chili powder and cumin and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add beans, water, tomato paste and salt.
- Cook on low to medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add as many veggies as you like such as bell peppers, zucchini and corn kernels.